ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Friday, November 6, 2015

Brampton Bound !

ENTRY 273


Brampton Bound

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT: "The Brick" will be entering the Brampton Cup in February.

I know I said in an earlier post that I was only going to do charity events for the early part of 2016.
Well, I found out that this year the Brampton Cup is going to have a Masters Division.



I'm going. 

Richard will probably shit when I tell him, but, I don't care.
First of all, it is three months away, so there is plenty of time to prepare. Secondly, there is a chance that Richard may not even be my coach by that time.
However, I will have talked to Coach Will about it directly, since it is his gym (Bramalea) that is hosting it. Maybe, I can get him to train me for it. He has agreed to train me, provided that I show up for training every Sunday morning for at least two hours.

Once I start training with Will, it will just be the matter of breaking the news to Richard, if he is in fact still my coach at that time, or maybe he already knows.

You know, regardless of what Richard says, I have just as good of a chance as anyone else who enters. I just need to focus on some specifics.
Contrary to what Richard says, my defence is not 'shit'. It isn't perfect, but if it was 'shit', I would have been knocked out 100 times over by now.
I need to improve my reaction time, and work on punching a lot harder. Neither of these are impossible.

My road to Brampton is in place, and there may be some detours and bumps, as is usual with my life, but nothing is going to stop me.
I will bulldoze over anyone who gets in my way.

See you in Brampton in February!

The 2016 Brampton Cup will have three rings operating simultaneously
The tournament will be open to all registered competitive boxers in all classes and categories. 
It will be held at the Brampton Soccer Centre, 1495 Sandalwood Pkwy. E.

For more information on this Boxing Ontario sanctioned event, contact Boxing Ontario, 416-426-7491, erik@boxingontario.com.



Richard was in a good mood after taking a couple of days off from the gym.
I was shocked, "Who are you, and what have you done with Richard?"

During the month of November, Stockyards will still be under probation, especially now with the Cup coming up.
Ultimately, I need a coach who is good at giving feedback, and can get opponents.
Also one who will take me seriously to train for the Brampton Cup.

I like training with Coach Will, so hopefully, he will keep his word, and help me get ready.

Richard said that he had entered my name into the pool for Stockyards' next boxing show in December.
See, I told you he would change his mind.

I am still a bit annoyed that he is allowing Leo to compete. I know it is really not my business, but it bothers me because of the message it sends to the rest of the team, and the fact that I work so hard and can't get shit.


Thursday Sparring Report 

Richard left early on Thursday, and left Will in charge of sparring.

I got to spar Oliver.
It does not happen often, but Oliver offered, and I agreed.

Oliver is Stockyards' best boxer. That is very important.

Richard has me sparring the newer guys a lot, and I don't mind doing that sometimes, but not so frequently.
Training with someone better helps you learn, and raises the bar of expectations.

The reason for my loss in October, was that I was screwing around a bit. I was screwing around because I did not take my opponent seriously.
That is because I rarely had many serious sparring partners.

Sparring Oliver on Thursday helped a lot.
It gave me a feel for what it is like to have a "real" opponent, and that is part of the reason for sparring.

I hope things change in the future.
This week was not too bad for training, but I need to keep it up.

Thank you to Coach Will for offering to train me for the Cup, and thank you to Oliver for the great sparring session.

-------


I found this photo on Facebook, and it perfectly sums up the point of this whole blog:



======================================



"The Brick" is an amateur boxer certified by:








REGISTRATION DUE: January 1




"The Brick" is a member of the Stockyards Boxing Team, and trains 4 times a week at:

215 Ryding Ave. Toronto

THIS GYM IS CURRENTLY UNDER REVIEW
OTHER GYMS BEING CONSIDERED:
SULLY'S, SIBERIA, CABBAGETOWN


"The Brick"
                                                                        




No comments:

Post a Comment