ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Friday, November 20, 2015

Working the "D"

ENTRY 277


Working the "D"... and the "F" 

Continuing training for the Brampton Cup on Thursday with Coach Will.
He had me working on footwork and defence.

When I work on these drills outside the ring I do quite well.
Once I am in the ring, I sometimes forget what I was working on.
That is quite common in boxing, but that makes sparring all that more important.

I only got in five rounds of sparring this week. I usually like to get eight to ten per week. I really need to work on these drills while sparring.
Attendance at the gym was piss-poor this week. Hardly anyone showed up on Tuesday and Wednesday.  That contributed to the lack of sparring. I hope next week is better.
The Brampton Cup is getting closer, and I still have a lot to do.

This is a big, major goal for me. As I mentioned before, I don't want to 'F' it, but I would be happy to just make in past the prelims.

I was also thinking something else this week.  With the few boxers in the Masters division compared to other divisions, the chances of meeting Andy in the ring again at the Brampton Cup are actually quite high.
Well, there is my rematch.

Someone asked if I was afraid of Andy.
The answer is "No". Why would I? He is just a man.
Also, I will be much better prepared.

Right now, I am thinking, breathing and eating Brampton Cup.
Nothing will get in my way.


======================================================





"The Brick" is an amateur boxer certified by:








REGISTRATION DUE: January 1




"The Brick" is a member of the Stockyards Boxing Team, and trains 4 times a week at:

215 Ryding Ave. Toronto

THIS GYM IS CURRENTLY UNDER REVIEW
OTHER GYMS BEING CONSIDERED:
SULLY'S, SIBERIA, CABBAGETOWN


"The Brick"
                                                                        





No comments:

Post a Comment