ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Friday, November 13, 2015

Sparring Report and More Brampton Cup Training

ENTRY 275


Sparring Report: Wednesday and Thursday

Three rounds on Wednesday, and two rounds on Thursday.
Sparring is getting more interesting now that I have specific areas to work on.

Will has me shadow boxing to practice areas the need to be improved.
When I get into the ring, it is like someone pushes the 'clear' button, and it all goes out the window.

That is quite common with most boxers.
It is a matter of concentrating on what I need to work on, while not forgetting what I am already good at doing.
That is the difficult part about sparring.


Brampton Cup Training Update 2

Will worked with me on defence and balance.

I have apparently had a habit of being off balance, and leaning inward.
Will has noticed this, and is helping me fix it.
I do find it rather odd that in six or more years, nobody else has noticed this.

He has also noticed flaws in my defence.
It is not 'shit', but I agree, it needs work.

Anyway, Will is working with me on this, with drills and pads.

I have a couple of months to the Brampton Cup.
I have a coach that takes things seriously, and as long as that continues, I will do the same.
I want to at least make the finals at the tournament. With a little work, there is no reason I can't.


======================================================





"The Brick" is an amateur boxer certified by:








REGISTRATION DUE: January 1




"The Brick" is a member of the Stockyards Boxing Team, and trains 4 times a week at:

215 Ryding Ave. Toronto

THIS GYM IS CURRENTLY UNDER REVIEW
OTHER GYMS BEING CONSIDERED:
SULLY'S, SIBERIA, CABBAGETOWN


"The Brick"
                                                                        




No comments:

Post a Comment