ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Life With Balance

ENTRY 276


Life With Balance 

I missed training with Will on Sunday, because I was called into work. That means doing extra when he is in again on Thursday.

However, I have been doing a lot of training on my own, as I usually do.
Since Will has corrected my stance, I have noticed that everything else seems easier.
My punches are harder without really putting too much more effort. I am also not leaning in as much any more.
Sometimes I slip up, and it happens, but overall I have noticed a big improvement in the overall quality of my boxing.
Being balanced and having perfect form is very important in boxing. Something that people who don't know the sport will not know. It is all part of what makes boxing a sport.

Although, I am still baffled at why it took so long for a coach to notice the problem.
The key is for me to keep practising. I have just a little over two months until the Cup, and this is a very big deal for me. I don't want to 'F' this up.


Stockyards Beatdown In Orangeville

Bad news for Stockyards' boxers this past weekend in Orangeville.
Both Leo and Oliver lost their bouts.

I am not surprised the Leo lost, but after watching the video, I believe that Oliver should have won his.
Coach Richard is pissed about it, and that is understandable.
Unfortunately, boxing is one of those sports in which the object is subjective.

Most sports, basketball for example, has an objective. To put the ball through the basket.
Boxing is not like that. With boxing the objective is really to impress the judges, which is really more subjective. Since there is real no hard and fast rule of how to accomplish that.

Well anyway, Oliver works very hard at the gym, and we should all be proud of him for trying.


======================================================





"The Brick" is an amateur boxer certified by:








REGISTRATION DUE: January 1




"The Brick" is a member of the Stockyards Boxing Team, and trains 4 times a week at:

215 Ryding Ave. Toronto

THIS GYM IS CURRENTLY UNDER REVIEW
OTHER GYMS BEING CONSIDERED:
SULLY'S, SIBERIA, CABBAGETOWN


"The Brick"
                                                                        





No comments:

Post a Comment