ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Cobra Returns

ENTRY 312


The Cobra Returns

Leo returned on Monday after a long hiatus due to knee surgery. 

Of course he wanted to spar, so we did four rounds.

Here it is:
LEO -- PAUL April 4

He did have a very good idea, though. To create a private YouTube channel just for Stockyards team members to watch their sparing sessions.

I think this is a great idea, and something I am currently working on.
There are a lot of times when the boxers want to see their sparing performance.
I will use the camera on my Samsung S6, which has a very good camera. 
The only good thing about the S6. 
The video camera is 4K, although I will likely only use 1080p to start.
I will record the sparring sessions and post them to our private channel. 
If you are a member of Stockyards Boxing, and would like your sparring to be video recorded, just let me know.

STOCKYARDS BOXING TEAM ON YOUTUBE


A New Opponent For April 30 ?

My original opponent from Kingston has backed-out.
He decided that he did not want to fight me. I really don't blame him. I would not want to fight me either.

Another guy has come forward, from Brantford.
Although, Richard has not said much about him, he is a bit heavier. Not by much. I could probably fight him without the need to gain weight, which I don't want to do.

UPDATE: Kind of funny. I wrote this before going to the gym and I was going to publishing it right after, but I now have to edit.

When I went in, Richard told me that this latest opponent has also cancelled.
I am not going to tell you the explicit words I wanted to yell at that time, but for the kids' boxing class was going on.

This is the second time this has happened for April 30.
Now Richard and I have to look for someone else again.

This is getting annoying.
If you want to be a boxer, and you want to compete, then compete. Don't say "Okay" to a match and then cancel a few days later.

If we don't find someone, I will talk to Richard about the possibility of an exhibition match with someone from Stockyards.


Sparring Report

In addition to sparring Leo on Monday, I also sparred Mike and Newton on Tuesday. 
I still think I should keep up with sparing. It is important to keep practicing, even though I am not getting opponents. Otherwise, I will get 'stale', and that is not good.


Looking For Opponent

While I am on the topic: Any coaches out there with a Masters Novice in around the 80 kg class, and is available for our April 30 card, please let Coach Richard at Stockyards know ASAP.


====================================================


WITH A LITTLE EFFORT AND A LOT OF DETERMINATION, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

======================================================



"The Brick" is an amateur boxer certified by:













"The Brick" is a member of the Stockyards Boxing Team, and trains 5 times a week at:

215 Ryding Ave. Toronto




"The Brick"







No comments:

Post a Comment