ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Saturday, October 8, 2016

In Pursuit of the Perfect Pair of Boxing Shoes

 ENTRY 357



IN PURSUIT OF THE PERFECT PAIR OF BOXING SHOES





Well, after over three years of almost daily use, my Rival boxing shoes are throwing in the towel.
The soles are coming lose, and I am afraid that it is going to become a safety issue.
I have sort of fixed them with Shoe Goo, but that is not really a permanent fix. It is time to admit that I need to pull out the wallet and fork out for another pair.

The thing with shoes is that I really do not like buying them off of the internet, for the obvious reason that you can not try them on.
However, I am comfortable to take a size 9 with Rival shoes.

I will look on the Rival Boxing web site to see what they have.
I have always liked Rival shoes

How about these? They are green!


Oh no. Size 9 is sold out.

How about these? These are nice too.



Oh. Size 9 is sold out, again.

Let me try the all black ones.




Really? This is becoming a WTF moment.

How about these? Nice silver ones. They are not high-top, but still nice.
Maybe I will get these instead.



Are you really serious about this crap right now?.

I see a disturbing trend here.

Are there any that are not sold out?

As I looked more, I found these Adidas on a U.S. web site.
I like the name of them, and Adidas is good.



Oh, wait.  No size 9, either.

However, this same shoe is available in stores in Canada for $89.
Well, I think.
They advertise that they have them, but I am not sure if they have a 9.

What the hell is it with size 9 anyway?

The problem is that we really don't have any boxing stores in this area.
I used to buy all my gear from Beatdown Sports on St. Clair Ave. West, but that location closed a while ago.
There was then a store in Hamilton called Fight Zone.
They lasted a whole year, if that.

The only thing left is Warriors Martial Arts on Yonge Street, and just like in true Yonge Street fashion, that store is ridiculously, unreasonably. and unnecessarily expensive.

Their shoes start at $145.

I am sorry, but anyone who pays more than $100 for shoes need to have their head examined.

So, I have decided to travel a bit.
If I can get a decent pair of shoes for $90, it is worth a bit of travel.

There is a store called Warrior Fight Store. They apparently have a decent selection of shoes for not so ridiculous prices.

However, it is located on Brock Street in Pickering.
The trip will take almost two hours each way.

I decided that I would go, and just make a day of it.
While I am out there, I might drop by the Durham Boxing Academy to check it out.
It is just odd that I am officially a member of the Durham Boxing Academy, but I have never been there.

It is not far from the store, once I have figured out how to navigate the Durham Region Transit system.

I think I will do that on next pay day.
New boxing shoes, and I may pick up some other things as well. Plus, I will get to visit the boxing gym that I belong to.

Wow.

All that in pursuit of the perfect pair of boxing shoes.


====================================================================

WITH A LITTLE EFFORT AND A LOT OF DETERMINATION, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

===============================================================


'The Brick' is proud to be a member of
http://www.ontarioboxing.ca/


'THE BRICK' TRAINS AT:

2389 St.Clair Ave. W. Toronto

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and some Saturday

--and--


2285 Dundas St. W. Toronto

Friday

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LISTEN LIVE--Link on the right --->
---------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment