ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Thursday, October 27, 2016

Movin' On East

 ENTRY 363



A CHANGE IN WORK SCHEDULE MEANS MORE TRAINING TIME

One thing about where I work is that they are (usually) very cooperative with the employees.

My employer and practically all of my co-workers know that I am an active boxer.
My work will always give me time off to compete, but it is generally a pain in the butt, because I have to make sure they have enough notice and then I usually can not make up the time so I end up losing a shift. Then there is the worry that there might be a screw-up. Although, there has not been, yet.

I had been requesting Saturdays off for a while since competitions are usually always on a Saturday, plus Brock's gym always has good sparring sessions on Saturday mornings that I have been missing due to having to work. Unless they stay later, and I go after work. However, that does not always happen, and I would really like to go every Saturday.

In addition to that, I also work Sunday. That means that I never get a complete weekend off.

A few days ago, my supervisor handed me a schedule revision.
He said, "I think you will like this"

The revision has me working Sunday afternoon, Monday afternoon, Tuesday overnight, and Wednesday overnight. With Thursday, Friday, and SATURDAY off.

With this new work schedule, I can still train at all my regular times, plus be able to go in EVERY Saturday morning.

The new schedule will take affect in three weeks, and works out perfect for me to start pre-bout training for December 10.

I have been working for that company for 15 months at three different locations and all with varying degrees of 'pain in the ass'.
At this point, I have finally earned my Saturdays off !

See you on Saturdays for sparring. Ha-ha !


SPARRING REPORT

There is no sparring report for this week, because I have not done any yet.
I definitely need more ring time. There are still a few things I need to work on.
As I mentioned in an earlier post, I want my last bout of the year to end with a big "W".
For myself, for the coaches, and for Team Durham Boxing Academy.


'THE BRICK' MAY BE MOVIN' ON EAST

One of the disadvantages of training at Stockyards Boxing was that I was stuck in a rut. I really couldn't do much. I was very restricted at what I could do, in boxing and other aspects of my life as well.
As my regular followers know, lately I have been getting sick and freaking tired of Toronto bullshit. It is getting worse. There really is not enough room here to go into all the details now, but I have been thinking about hauling ass out of this shitty city.

Plans, of course, were to 'retire' in Hamilton, but that is not for a while.
I mean, I am not even ready to retire from boxing.

Moving to Hamilton now would mean having to leave my job, and to leave Brock as a coach.
I am not ready to leave Brock's gym. He has been a great coach to me, and I have a lot of (boxing) plans that I would like to do with Coach Brock in my corner.

Well, my little road trip to Durham last week sparked an idea.

Move to Pickering.
I can train at Brock's Ajax location, and I am still close enough to Toronto to keep my job without having to put up will Toronto bullshit.

Well, that did not quite work out.
While searching for apartments in Pickering and Ajax and Whitby, I discovered that rents in these places is ridiculously high.
I don't know why.

However, while  checking rents in Oshawa, I discovered they were quite reasonable.
Depending on where you live, and understanding that Ontario is an expensive province,
I found quite a few nice sized apartments in nice buildings and in decent areas with rents around $800.
That is about $200 less than what I am paying to live in Shitty City in a building with Superintendent Numbnuts who doesn't do 'F'-all except complain.

This whole idea of getting the "F" out of Toronto is swirling around up there,
Oshawa is quite far from Toronto. but not quite as far as Hamilton, and not "impossibly" far.

If it does happen, I will wait until spring.
Nobody wants to move in winter.



==================================================================

WITH A LITTLE EFFORT AND A LOT OF DETERMINATION, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

===============================================================


'The Brick' is proud to be a member of
http://www.ontarioboxing.ca/


'THE BRICK' TRAINS AT:

2389 St.Clair Ave. W. Toronto

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and some Saturday

--and--


2295 Dundas St. W. Toronto

Friday

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LISTEN LIVE--Link on the right --->
---------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment