ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Saturday, October 22, 2016

No Exhibition?!

 ENTRY 362



NO EXHIBITION FOR 'THE BRICK'


My exhibition match at Toronto Boxing Academy that was scheduled to happen on October 29 has been cancelled. 
Actually, the whole even has been cancelled.

Note to all: No card at Toronto Boxing Academy on Halloween weekend. The event will be re-scheduled for a later date.

Therefore, there will be no preparation for December 10, except sparring.
...and pre-bout training of course.
Pre-bout training for 'Seasons Beatings' will begin on November 21. Three weeks prior to the match.

I did some sparring in Ajax on Wednesday. 
I could for sure tell what I needed to work on.
Still need to tweak my offence. 
Plus, the guy I sparred was really fast. He was a bit younger, so my opponent will likely not be as fast (We Masters are as slow a molasses in January), but still speed is still good to have. It is a very valuable asset in the boxing ring.

There is still lots of time to prepare, but as I mentioned in a previous post, I want to finish this year with a "W".

I am not sure if Brock is going to reschedule an exhibition for me early next year.
We have also already discussed me going to the OBA Golden Gloves, and the Ringside Masters Tournament (Date and location to be announced)..
That is really good news, as I have never been in a major tournament. For some reason when I was with Boxing Ontario, I could not get into any tournaments.

It looks like I will be staying with OBA/WBC for another year, and so far Brock Arthur has been a very decent coach.

This is another reason why I want a win so badly.
When an athlete wins, the coach also wins.
Brock has coached his butt off, so I feel I owe it to him to get a win.


====================================================================

WITH A LITTLE EFFORT AND A LOT OF DETERMINATION, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

===============================================================


'The Brick' is proud to be a member of
http://www.ontarioboxing.ca/


'THE BRICK' TRAINS AT:

2389 St.Clair Ave. W. Toronto

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and some Saturday

--and--


2295 Dundas St. W. Toronto

Friday

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LISTEN LIVE--Link on the right --->
---------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment