ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Upcoming Exhibition In Prep For the Seasons Beatings

 ENTRY 359



EXHIBITION MATCH: OCTOBER 28

So far, I do not have an opponent for October 28, but Brock is going to try to get me an exhibition match with a guy from his Ajax location. 

I like doing exhibitions. There is no pressure or stress. It is really just sparring practice but with an audience.

After my exhibition, I will have two weeks of `rest` and then I will have to start training for my bout in Hamilton in the Heavyweight division. 


SPARRING REPORT: WEDNESDAY

No sparring on Tuesday, but I did six rounds on Wednesday.

My current focus is still offense. Being busy, being first, and throwing more combinations. 
I am also working on some `new`defensive moves that Brock taught me.


CHANGES IN TRAINING FOR THE SEASONS BEATING 

I am still in regular training, and will remain so through until the second week of November. At that time I will go into pre-bout training for my bout verses Scott Turnbull at Mohawk College on December 10. The event is called 'Seasons Beatings'. Good name, but I wonder who will be getting the beating? 

I have been doing a lot more double-ended ball practice and speed bag work.
I generally do 3-4 rounds per session on the double-ended ball, and two rounds on  the speed bag.

Another thing I have added to daily training is a few rounds on the stationary bike. This is in addition to the hour on the treadmill at Bloor Fitness.

I have found that with Brock's gym being a lot more spacious, I have more room to work. I find that I can do what I need to do to complete my training at a level that is satisfactory to both myself and the coach.

Next Wednesday, I will be visiting Brock's other gym in Ajax.
Since I will be in Pickering that day, I wall do a training session with Brock at the Durham Boxing Academy on Station Street in Ajax.



I am looking forward to that day.
It will be a day away from Toronto, and it is not often that I get to leave Toronto. At least not for a pleasure trip.
I have to say, I have never been to that part of Ontario before.

A big 'Hello'; to the people of Pickering/Ajax/Oshawa.
Look out. 'The Brick' will be invading your territory, soon!



====================================================================

WITH A LITTLE EFFORT AND A LOT OF DETERMINATION, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

===============================================================


'The Brick' is proud to be a member of
http://www.ontarioboxing.ca/


'THE BRICK' TRAINS AT:

2389 St.Clair Ave. W. Toronto

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and some Saturday

--and--


2285 Dundas St. W. Toronto

Friday

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LISTEN LIVE--Link on the right --->
---------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment