ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Saturday, November 26, 2016

December 10 Card Announced and Some Surprises For Scott

 ENTRY 372




SURPRISES FOR SCOTT

I would like to share with all of you some of the training I have been doing, and the surprises that I have waiting for Scott.

...but I won't.

Chances are that my opponent and/or his coach will read this, so if you want to see my special arsenal, you will just have to plant your butt into a seat at the Arnie on December 10.


DECEMBER 10 CARD

Here is the December 10 card at the Arnie (Mohawk College Student Center). 
First bout at about 7 PM.
As sanctioned by the Ontario Boxing Association and hosted by the Hamilton Boxing Club.
[subject to change]

Names in BOLD are from the Durham team.

1:  John Mutton/ McEwans VS Jim Dean/Destiny 
2:  Ashley Ann/ Hamilton EXH. Madeline Bowman.
3:  Hyder Khan/ McEwans VS Allan Blackett/ Durham 
4:  Katie Lynch/ Hamilton EXH Meaghan Bowman.
5:  Sarah Ro/ Durham VS Jynelle Bourne/Destiny
6:  Ryan Huggett/ River City VS Cody Kelly/ TwinTigers.
7:  Jesse Sallows/ Boones VS Steve Nicholson/ Durham.
8:  Kiefer Ritter/Inception VS Connor Mcrae/ River City.
9:  Colin Douglas/ Hamilton EXH Jose Fuentes/ Hamilton.
10: Dylan Taulor/River City VS Kyle McLaughlin/ Durham
11: Will Whyte/ Hamilton VS Derek Charbonneau/ Inception
12: Adrian Bell/Undisputed VS Trevor Clark/Radalofi.
13: Drake Olchowecki/ Hamilton VS Darren Matte/ Durham
14: Kyle Murray/River City VS Brendan Sweet Bowman.
15: Jason Mcintyre/ Hamilton VS Nick Hammond/ Hard Knox
16: Peter Temoche/K1 VS Eric Walker/River City
17: Mitchell Eakins/ Hamilton VS Bruce Chaplin/ Inception
18: Nick Kambasis/ Durham VS Blake Loxton/River city
19: Scott Turnbull/ Hamilton VS Paul Brechbuhler/ Durham.
20: Andrew Slade/ Hamilton VS Garrett Mole/Durham


Contact HAMILTON BOXING CLUB for more information.


THIS WEEK`S VLOG: ROAD TO HAMILTON -WEEK TWO


Short Blog = Long Rant

Since this entry is shorter than usual, and I have not done this in a while, I think it is time for another rant!

This time it is about Hell...I mean Bell.


My Samsung S6 Edge decided to stop charging. It just simply would not respond when something was plugged into the jack.
I took it in to Bell at the Eaton Centre.
To make a long blog short(er), the device although under a year old is not covered.
The reason is apparently that the connectors inside the charging/transfer port are corroded.
How exactly does that happen?
I mean but for submerging the entire smartphone into water for a length of time, there is no possible way for that much corrosion to occur.
I mean, even if it was exposed to rain. Unless several large drops of rain just happen to fall into the jack, located at the bottom of the device, and it remained wet for more that a few minutes, it is scientifically impossible for the amount of corrosion they claim to cause a complete disconnection could ever occur.

As a result, they will not repair the device under warranty.

Of course they won't. I used to work for Bell technical support, remember?
They will find any reason at all to not have to do a repair under warranty. Since Bell technicians are manufacturer certified, if they do a warranty repair, they are paid only for the exact cost of the repair. Otherwise, for non-warranty repairs, they can charge anything they want and make a profit.
...and I'm sure we all feel sorry for Bell.

This is not just Bell, but all companies that are authorized to do warranty repairs.

Anyway, I have to wait a few weeks to find out how much it will cost to "repair" which generally means replacing the whole board, because simply removing and replacing the faulty part would not be profitable to the repair depot.
That means that I will likely not bother repairing the device, leaving me with three alternatives: Buy a used device; Buy an induction charger for $80 from Bell or for $50 from anywhere else; Change my service provider and get another 'free' device from another carrier, but not Bell and definitely not Rogers.

You know, back when I had a Blackberry, I mean four times in a row, I never had a hardware problem. Say what you will about Blackberry, but it was really good quality hardware.
Too bad you can't get Blackberry any more.

Samsung sucks.

I will never buy another Samsung smartphone.
I think I will go with Motorola or LG. Even Microsoft makes a smartphone.
I am sure any of those will outperform my Samdung.

Anyway. Rant over. Blog over.


Cheers,

'The Brick'



This guy in two weeks:

DECEMBER 10




==============================================================

WITH A LITTLE EFFORT AND A LOT OF DETERMINATION, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

===============================================================



'The Brick' is proud to be a member of
http://www.ontarioboxing.ca/


'THE BRICK' TRAINS AT:

2389 St.Clair Ave. W. Toronto

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and some Saturday

--and--


2295 Dundas St. W. Toronto

Friday

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LISTEN LIVE--Link on the right --->
---------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment