ANNOUNCEMENTS

******** COMMENTS FROM THE RING IS PUBLISHED WEEKLY EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS ***** ********

ANNOUNCEMENTS 2

****** [EVENTS] ....**** ... * ********

Sunday, November 20, 2016

Pro Card At Hershey Centre

 ENTRY 370





SEEING MY FIRST PRO SHOW IN MANY YEARS

I can not remember the last time I went to see live professional boxing. It has been at leat 15 years.

Due to traffic problems on the 401, we ended up arriving 20 minutes late, and missed almost all of the first bout.

Two security guards felt me up on the way in. I hope they got a good feel.

Then I found out that I was not getting a floor seat, and ended up in the nosebleeds.

However, I was able to see the reason I was there. My coach Brock Arthur and my friend Mohammed Abedeen.

Brock was in bout three.
He did quite well, but he unfortunately did not impress the judges.

Mohammed was the next bout. Richard and Junmar were there as his coaches.
Mohammed won a unanimous decision.

There were eight bouts total, but I was really only interested in those two.
However, the last two bouts of the evening were quite interesting.

The second-last bout was a controversial win. The man who was knocked down three times ended up winning a decision.
I have always thought that being knocked down was a bad thing.

The last bout ended with a first round knockout.

As I often say, there are no losers in boxing.
You are a winner from the time you climb through those ropes.
Anyone with balls big enough to step into the ring to get hit and to have to hit someone else in front of an audience deserves all the respect in the world.

All of the men who were in the ring on Saturday put on a good show and in my opinion they all deserved to win.


(Coach) Brock Arthur


Mohammed Abedeen

After the main event.

PRE-BOUT DIET BEGINS ON MONDAY

Although training camp began last week, my training diet begins this week.
That means zero junk with more veggies and lean meats.

I will treat myself to one last pizza on Sunday at work, and that will be it until after my bout.

I can go back to a `regular`diet just in time for the holidays.
Interesting how that works out.



THIS WEEK`S VLOG: Road To Hamilton --Week Three



"ROAD TO HAMILTON" TRAINING SCHEDULE 

Sunday: {rest day}
Monday: Light cardio...
Tuesday: Technical training [Sparring if available]/heavy bag/abs conditioning/upper body conditioning/double-ended bag/light cardio/legs conditioning...
Wednesday: Technical training [Sparring if available]/heavy bag/abs conditioning/upper body conditioning/double-ended bag/light cardio/legs conditioning... (Vlog production)
Thursday: Technical training [Sparring if available]/heavy bag/abs conditioning/upper body conditioning/double-ended bag/light cardio/legs conditioning...
Friday: Heavy cardio...
Saturday: Sparring...


Cheers,

'The Brick'



This guy in three weeks:

DECEMBER 10




==============================================================

WITH A LITTLE EFFORT AND A LOT OF DETERMINATION, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

===============================================================



'The Brick' is proud to be a member of
http://www.ontarioboxing.ca/


'THE BRICK' TRAINS AT:

2389 St.Clair Ave. W. Toronto

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and some Saturday

--and--


2295 Dundas St. W. Toronto

Friday

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LISTEN LIVE--Link on the right --->
---------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment